The design/build process offers a great option for those who are interested in expediting the process and who are working within a specific budget.
Design/Build is Less Expensive
- There are fewer steps and parties involved, reducing costs.
- Costly change orders are reduced because of better communication.
- Budget monitoring is done throughout the process by the client and design/build team, eliminating hidden surprises.
Design/Build is Faster
- Communicating with a single team streamlines the process, especially since time-consuming budget issues have been resolved along the way
- A committed design/build team, including a project manager, has sole responsibility for the job staying on schedule
Here is how it works:
At the initial consultation, we:
- Discover your needs and wishes and learn about your lifestyle
- Review the feasibility of the project
- Understand your budget
In the design stage, we:
- Measure the existing house structure
- Perform an initial check of mechanical/structural systems
- Create required plans, including "as built" drawings as well as floor plans, elevations and any specialized drawings like electrical or mechanical
- Assist with the selection flooring, appliances, cabinets, lighting, trim, finishes and other items
- Prepare a work scope and specifications
- Present final drawings and pricing
In the construction stage, we:
- Obtain building permits
- Assign a lead carpenter and project manager to your project
- Develop a project plan with easy to read Gantt chart that is posted on the jobsite
- Begin your remodeling project
- Hold weekly, on site meetings with you